FIAV currently focuses on the following initiatives to the Wider community in Victoria
- Represent the cause of Indian origin Victorians.
- Act as a lobby group for the Indian community in Victoria.
- Ethno-Specific Aged care Initiative
- Domestic Violence victims assistance service
- Facilitate & assist organisations/ groups in various community initiatives.
- Facilitate trade and businesses locally to benefit from community initiatives.
- Facilitate promotion of overseas business to be set up in Victoria.
- Promotion of Indian origin forms of Fine Arts, Music, Dance, Culture and heritage.
- Promoting Communal harmony and integration through unifying Indian origin religious and spiritual groups and leading from a single voice.
- Initiate a Museum project initiative, that establishes a public display of a number of paintings and artifacts on Indian heritage, culture and history, dating back to 2000 years.